“Give thanks for a little and you will find a lot”
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because there are no expectations, there are no gifts, there are no requirements besides hanging out with family and friends sharing good food and laughter.
When choosing a great outfit for Thanksgiving I like to consider the following:
- Be comfortable, aren’t you just sitting around watching football, talking, and eating all day? Or is that just me?
- Choose something flowy so that you don’t feel like a stuffed sausage in your outfit after dinner.
- Thanksgiving is a time to dress classy and respectfully.
- Show up looking like you put effort into yourself that day. Make the effort to show your appreciation towards all the people cooking and for the people that came to show their gratitude.
- Take note of the color you are wearing. If you are like me, dark colors are great because the chances of spilling gravy or wine on myself is very high!
- Most importantly, HAVE FUN! If you burn the biscuits laugh and offer people more of something else.
This outfit is great for me because the material is so soft and comfortable. I love the long sleeve in case it gets chilly. The dark printed color will disguise all the things I spill on myself throughout the day too! This dress can be paired with tights if want that extra warmth or coverage. I paired this look with over-the-knee boots but it would look great with ankle boots as well.
I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving. Please be safe and practice safe drinking and driving. We all want you here to celebrate the next Thanksgiving.
Outfit Details: HERE
Photography: Big Shot Lifestyle
Still need an outfit for the big food feast? I’ve done some shopping for you! Scroll the images below for 15 great dresses you can buy with just a few clicks.