It has taken me until now (34, yikes!) to finally feel like I have my skin under control. I have been wondering at what age acne goes away. Seriously, am I supposed to have pimples in my 30’s??
I met a friend last year and it looks like angels kissed her skin…for real! So finally one day I got up the guts to see if she would be so kind to share her skin care regimen with me. After chatting with her I figured that I had nothing to lose, I feel like I had already tried EVERYTHING! Being the neurotic person I am, I went online and ordered it all immediately. When my goodies arrived in the mail I felt like a kid on Christmas morning!
1. Obagi Nu-Derm Gentle Cleanser – daily morning wash.
2. One Love Organics Vitamin B Oil Cleanser – use at night to wash off all makeup and skincare products. Great for oily skin, leaves skin feeling clean and moisturized. Make sure to follow directions.
3. Karmaceuticles AHA BHA Exfoliating Cleanser – use this twice a week in the morning.
4. Topix Glycolix Elite Facial Cream 10% – use twice per week or at your discretion. Gently exfoliates dead and dull skin cells.
5. Obagi Nu-Derm Clear – use twice per week. Skin bleaching and correcting cream fades spots, freckles, and other pigment issues. READ DIRECTIONS on this one.
6. Obagi Nu-Derm Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Acne Tretinoin Cream 0.05% – use 1 time per week. Expensive but will last you probably 6mo-1 year. Skin peeling and flaking is normal for this product. READ DIRECTIONS on this one.
7. Supergoop! City Sunscreen Serum SPF 30 – use daily. This lightweight, non-greasy serum will leave your skin feeling fresh and it goes great under makeup
8. Dermalogica Age Smart Skin Perfect Primer SPF 30 – great tinted SPF for days that you don’t want to wear makeup but would love a little coverage.
1. Konjac Sponge – use 2-3 times per week for exfoliation. There are different sponges based on your skin type, choose the one best for you.
2. Derma Roller – use 1-2 times per week. This little torture device helps rebuild collagen and firm skin. Use before applying any serums or creams so that they can penetrate the skin better.
3. Water – yes. Drink some, then more, then some more.
So now you are thinking, “Wow this is an extensive list with some expensive items!” I know! Don’t feel like you need to get all of them at once. Look for the items you need to swap out in your routine, things that maybe aren’t working for you currently. Or reward yourself and get one item each month! However you want to do it, I can promise that it will be worth it.
It has been about 2 months since I started this new routine and I am loving it. My face is less oily, my dark spots are faded, my skin tone is so much more even, and the best part…my pores are so tiny!!! I can only imagine how great it will look with continued use. Don’t get me wrong, my skin is not perfect nor 100% blemish free but it is a million times better than it was. I’m finally feeling confident enough to leave the house without makeup.
I am so thankful my friend was kind enough to share her secrets with me and I want to be that friend for you. I hope that this works as well on you as it did for me. I would love to hear what your favorite products are, so feel free to message me!
Sending you love, light, and glowy skin,
P.S. I wanted to give my friend all the credit in the world, but she wants to remain anonymous 😉